Pipe Relining – UV CIPP Relining:
Sewer and rainwater pipes can get damaged from a number of sources . They can thus become unfit for purpose and in some cases damage to the environment. Replacing the pipe could involve digging trenches which comes with a lot of inconvenience and also expense. McBreen Environmental save you that hassle by simply relining the pipe.
There are 2 main methods of Pipe Relining, one being UV Lining. McBreen Environmental have successfully used UV Pipe Lining to repair pipes and drains for many industrial clients. This has led to great results with minimum disruption or excavations needed.
A cured-in-place pipe (CIPP) is a trenchless rehabilitation method we use to repair existing pipelines. CIPP is a jointless, seamless, pipe-within-a-pipe with the capability to rehabilitate pipes ranging in diameter from 0.1 to 2.8 meters (4–110 inches). As one of the most widely used rehabilitation methods CIPP has application in water, sewer, gas, and chemical pipelines.
UV Pipe Relining is the process in which a pipe liner is installed within an existing damaged pipe with a GRP (glass reinforced plastic) type of material, which when cured, is actually stronger than original pipe it lines. The new pipe material is fed into the existing pipe from one opening and when cured, fits tight to the wall of the original pipe, creating a tough, strong and durable lining, dramatically increasing the life span of the pipe. Because we cut the lining to fit the pipe diameter prior to installation, the loss of cross section is as low as 5% in some cases. Therefore we don’t compromise the integrity of the original flow capacity.
The Advantages of UV CIPP Relining:
- ‘No-Dig‘, ‘Trenchless‘ technology – thus minimising excavation costs and disruption.
- Suitable for lining pipes with typical faults of root ingression, leaking joints, open/ displaced joints, cracks and fractures. These faults can cause ex-filtration efficiency of sewerage treatment plants and endangering ground water.
- Tough, strong and durable lining which dramatically increases the life span of the pipe
- Strong, but flexible enough to allow for normal underground movement without breaking, unlike traditional pipe material
- Material thickness can be specified, which minimises the loss of internal pipe diameter.
- Widely accepted by Industry professionals; Civil Engineers, Architects, County Councils, Insurance Surveyors & Loss Adjusters.
- The materials used, when cured are often stronger than the original pipe
- Minimal downtime: A lined pipe can be ready to use again in 1-3 hours of installation
- Texture of the liner improves flow efficiency
- UV Pipe Reling is a fraction of the cost of traditional methods of resolving problem pipes such as pipe replacement.
- Pipe Liner has been tested for resistant to most harsh chemicals and high temperatures
- All materials used conform to legislation.