McBreen Environmental are experts in septic tank cleaning. We have trained, knowledgeable staff who can identify the cause of problems you may be having with your Septic Tank.
A well maintained septic tank system can provide years of reliable low-cost service. However, when systems fail the cost of repair can be high, not to mention the unpleasant smells, blocked drains and the environmental damage that can be caused. It is therefore important to regularly empty your septic tank system.
Here are a few Do's and Don'ts to get the best out of your Septic system:
- Conserve water to reduce the amount of wastewater that must be treated. For example, washing clothes over several days will put less stress on your system
- Repair any leaking taps or toilets. To detect toilet leaks, put some food colouring in the cistern and see if the dye ends up in the bowl (without flushing)
- Divert downpipes and other surface water away from your septic tank/soakpit. Excessive water keeps the soil from adequately cleansing the wastewater
- Have your septic tank inspected yearly and pumped regularly by a licensed septic tank contractor.
- Keep your septic tank cover accessible at all times
- Call a licensed septic tank contractor if you have problems
- Keep a record of repairs, pumpings, inspection and other maintenance activities
- Don’t drive over your septic tank or soak area or compact the soil in any way
- Don’t dig in this area or cover with any hard surface such as concrete etc.
- Don’t plant anything over or near the soak area or septic tank as roots may damage the drain lines
- Don’t use your toilet as a bin and limit the use of chemicals and cleansers down the drain. Harsh chemicals kill the bacteria that help purify your wastewater.
- Don’t waste money on septic tank additives. The bacteria needed to treat wastewater is naturally present in sewage. Additives do not eliminate the need for emptying your tank regularly.
- Never enter a septic tank – toxic gases from the tank can kill. If your system develops problems, contact us immediately.
McBreen Environmental are a Nationwide provider of septic tank cleaning and biocycle cleaning services. We have many years’ experience helping customers throughout Ireland. We work Nationwide, serving counties:
Antrim, Armagh, Carlow, Cavan, Clare, Cork, Derry, Donegal, Down, Dublin, Fermanagh, Galway, Kerry, Kildare, Kilkenny, Laois, Leitrim, Limerick, Longford. Louth, Mayo, Meath, Monaghan, Offaly, Roscommon, Sligo, Tipperary, Tyrone, Waterford, Westmeath, Wexford and Wicklow.