Do you know that a well maintained septic tank system can provide years of reliable low-cost service? However, when systems fail the cost of repair can be high, not to mention the unpleasant smells, blocked drains and the environmental damage that can be caused. It is therefore important to regularly empty your septic tank system.
As you may be aware, the new legislation about septic tank maintenance has now come into effect and County Council led site inspections are in effect- see our news page for the latest EPA press release.
Advantages of Regular Septic Tank Cleaning:
Regular de-sludging and cleaning of your septic tank will reduce the risk of it overflowing or developing blockages, which in turn can produce unwanted odours. Our Jet Vac unit has a powerful vacuum and onboard water supply which will both empty and clean your septic tank all in one go.
By setting up a regular Septic Tank/Biocycle emptying or programme, you can prolong the life of your Septic Tank, possibly avoiding serious problems in the future. This cost-effective maintenance programme can be set up to suit your schedule, and you have peace of mind knowing this pre-emptive work is being carried out by trained professionals.
Top Tips for Prolonging the Life of Your Septic Tank/Biocycle:
• Don’t flush sanitary waste, cotton buds, razors, rags, cloths etc down the toilet.
• Don’t allow harmful chemicals, grease or cooking oil into your septic tank, these can harm the organisms that break down waste.
• To protect the drainage pipes, don’t drive over your percolation area in anything heavier than a lawn mower.
• Desludge regularly, yearly is typical, but this will vary with your system capacity and use.
• Keep records of when your septic tank has been emptied .
• Act immediately if you notice problems with your septic tank.
• Keep the McBreen Environmental LoCall phone number in your phone, we operate a 24hr emergency call-out service.