Pipe Relining – UV Lining
Sewer and rainwater pipes can get damaged from a number of sources and become unfit for purpose, in some cases causing damage to the environment. Rather than replacing the pipe, which could involve digging trenches and all the inconvenience and expense that comes with it, the pipe can be relined by McBreen Environmental.
There are 2 main methods of Pipe Relining, one being UV Lining. McBreen Environmental have successfully used UV Pipe Lining to repair, with minimum disruption or excavations, pipes and drains for many industrial clients with great results.
UV Pipe Relining is the process in which a pipe liner is installed within an existing damaged pipe with a GRP (glass reinforced plastic) type of material, which when cured, is actually stronger than original pipe it lines. The new pipe material is fed into the existing pipe from one opening and when cured, fits tight to the wall of the original pipe, creating a tough, strong and durable lining, dramatically increasing the life span of the pipe. Because the lining is cut to fit the pipe diameter prior to installation, the loss of cross section is as low as 5% in some cases, therefore not compromising the integrity of the original flow capacity.
The Advantages of UV Pipe Lining:
• ‘No-Dig‘, ‘Trenchless‘ technology – minimising excavation costs and disruption.
• Suitable for lining pipes with typical faults of root ingression, leaking joints, open/ displaced joints, cracks and fractures. These faults can cause ex-filtration efficiency of sewerage treatment plants and endangering ground water.
• Tough, strong and durable lining, dramatically increasing the life span of the pipe
• Strong, but flexible enough to allow for normal underground movement without breaking, unlike traditional pipe material
• Material thickness can be specified, minimising loss of internal pipe diameter.
• Widely accepted by Industry professionals; Civil Engineers, Architects, County Councils, Insurance Surveyors & Loss Adjusters.
• The materials used, when cured are often stronger than the original pipe
• Minimal downtime: A lined pipe can be ready to use again in 1-3 hours of installation
• Texture of the liner improves flow efficiency
• UV Pipe Reling is a fraction of the cost of traditional methods of resolving problem pipes such as pipe replacement.
• Pipe Liner has been tested for resistant to most harsh chemicals and high temperatures
• All materials used conform to legislation.
If you would like to find out more about UV Pipe Lining, call one of the team on LoCall 1890 66 33 33, or email email@example.com.